How to apply
Vacancies in the Stockholm-Uppsala Graduate School in History are advertised on the web pages of the respective history departments and universities (www.uu.se; www.su.se). Normally, vacancies are advertised in mid March with an application deadline of April 15. Applicants are notified in June and successful applicants are admitted to the program in the autumn term. The starting date is negotiable and at the discretion of the Head of Department.
Applicants must use the designated application form available on the departments’ web pages. With the application form should be enclosed:
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- A degree certificate, LADOK-transcripts or equivalent demonstrating the fulfillment of entry requirements and documenting the academic qualifications of the applicant.
- An honors thesis
- A masters dissertation or equivalent advanced level research paper
- When applicable, one academic publication
- A six-page research plan
- A statement of the actual study time required to complete the enclosed honors thesis and masters dissertation or equivalent advanced level research paper (#3 and #4 above).
The research plan should state the research question or questions addressed by the proposed project and provide a brief account of how the research will be conducted. The plan is evaluated with special reference to its
- Feasibility, i.e. the likelihood that the project will be successfully concluded in four years of full-time study.
The applicant shall be the sole author of the research plan.
Admission to the graduate program and awards of financial support are competitive. Applications are considered by a joint Stockholm-Uppsala admission board. Decisions about admissions and financial support are made by the department board at each university.
Links for more information
- Exempel på forskningsplan
- Antagningsordning, forskarskolan i historia
- Studieplan för forskarutbildning i historia, fastställd av Historisk-filosofiska fakulteten 2017-10-31
Links above are not available in English.